Unique Spawns are armies that tend to be even more powerful than the generic spawns of the minor factions. They are occasionally affiliated with minor factions, but not always; they also may or may not attack lords of the five major factions, and sometimes, even sack cities. Some may be hired by monarchs as their Mercenary Companies. Bring your best men, horses, and tools of war.
You may or may not be able to capture a particular unique spawn. If you can, and you successfully capture them, you have several options:
- Tell them to leave Pendor forever - (won't return; Aeldarian, Ithilrandir and Maltise will also have special gifts for you) - Secondary effect: player gains 3 honor and 5 renown
- Ransom them for 100,000 denars - (chance they'll return)
- Ransom them for a Qualis Gems - (chance they'll return)
- (Only Aeldarian and Maltise) Exchange secrets of producing their unique equipment (for your CKO) for freedom - (chance they'll return)
Note that the leaders of the unique spawn armies must have at least 15% of their health in order to appear on the battlefield, take part in the battle and therefore be or not be captured. Otherwise you will be unable to capture them and you will also receive no message about them escaping. The capture chance relies on your Prisoner Management Skill level, increasing by 5% per level, from 40% at 0, up to a max of 90% capture chance at 10.
You also can't capture a Unique spawn of a minor faction you're friendly with (relations in the positive) by attacking them or by joining battle against them, so if you're friends with Adventuring Companies for example, that'll automatically exclude the possibility of capturing Oswald De Fleur, Meregan Kierlic and Kodan Ironsword.
Regardless, they are not to be taken lightly. All unique spawns except the Noldor lords and Verante Kruus must be defeated to win the game:
Note: After you defeat one of them he/she will be noted in the characters page.
Generic Spawns are large armies of the minor factions. When defeated, they do not give Qualis gems. These include:
- Freikorps Mettenheim (Mettenheim)
- Mettenheim Expeditionary Force (Mettenheim)
- Conquistadores de Aventura (Barclay)
- Daughters of Persinoe (Veccavia)
- The Three Seers (Heretics)
- Eyegrim the Devourer (Heretics)
- Kapitan Gerhart (Mettenheim)
- Jarryn Maersow (Adventurer Companies)
- Vanskerry Army
- Mystmountain Army
- Jatu Army
- Snake Cult Army
- Heretic Army
- Singalian Slavers
- Velasco Perfecta Banderas Durante
Mercenary Companies are minor unique armies that can be hired by monarchs (as well the player after founding his own kingdom). Every monarch (including the player) is limited to hire only some of these, the other monarchs can even hire some unique spawns (check Mercenary Companies page). Mercenary leaders cannot be captured and thus do not give Qualis gems, however, the unique spawns hired by a monarch can be captured.
Mercenary companies may spawn on their own as an independent army.