Hireable Mercenary CompaniesEdit
As an independent monarch, the player is granted the ability to hire independent mercenary companies via their minister. These companies will follow the player as a separate party or guard the city/castle they're asked to. They require an initial payment of 10,000 denars to be hired, and their troops must be paid weekly wages as well. They too, can recruit rescued prisoners and detain any captured prisoners that the player doesn't capture. The player can only have one mercenary company. If the player wants to purchase another mercenary company, first he has to disband the previous one.
These are 11 companies the player can hire. Some are available immediately, others have certain requirements before becoming available. The value is their relative strength value (autocalc value). The armies size will depend on player's level (min will be when player is lvl 0, max when player hits level 22), check min and max values for each going to their page:
- The Freybrueder (requires positive relations with Mettenheim) - 20131
- Primera Guardia Real (requires positive relations with Barclay) - 19596
- The Veccavian Renegades (requires negative relations with Veccavia) - 17980
- Sir Timothy's Knights - 17023
- 1st Banneret of Marleons (requires positive relations with Duke Aelfwine and not at war with Sarleon or friendly ownership of Marleons) - 14840
- The Sarno Expedition (requires positive relations with Melitine) - 22221
- Snowlion Brigade (requires war vs Ravenstern or Ravenstern defeated) - 19648
- Firuz and his Singalian Slavers (requires positive relations with Singalians) - 27577
- The Free Company - 16423
- Chosen of Indar (requires positive relations with the Jatu) - 25371
- Lothario's Brotherhood (requires positive relations with Red Brotherhood) - 24153
Whenever a mercenary company gets defeated, it will be unable to be hired again for the next 2 weeks, as that's the time they need to recover.
However, the other Monarchs may not only hire a mercenary company, they can hire an Unique Spawn or a Generic spawn as their mercenary company. Each monarch has a fixed list of posible options (depending on the monarch, varies from 11 to 14) and they will pick one randomly, excluding those that are recovering or that are already wandering Pendor). Even if they are acting as a mercenary company, if the player defeats one Unique Spawn, he will be able to capture his leader: