All vassals have different values and personalities, ranging from peaceful inland patrol to restless warmongers. Senior vassals (the ones who already have children) have consistent personalities between games, while the younger vassals' personalities are randomly assigned at the start of every new game.
This page aims at providing the list of all the 46 Senior lords in Pendor (out of the total 100). These vassals belong to the 5 kingdoms, and they're the only vassals that have Household troops, with 36 of the 46 having one.
Reasoning and Formulas
The reasons for including lords in this list are as follows:
- Being one of 8 'top' lords of each faction whose personalities are constant and are not randomly defined at the start of each game.
- Specializing: having unique troops or ordinary troops in extraordinarily large numbers (usually about 30-70 compared to normal 5-20 for faction troops and 0 for non-faction troops) in the party by default. Since all these troops are either top-tier or very strong mid-tier soldiers, that gives such lords serious competitive advantage in battles.
- If personality type is "-", it's random and varies in different games.
- Renown range was determined manually upon 5 different game starts, so it is approximate and may be slightly different in other games.
- The actual formula for lords' renown is as follows: Renown = (Lvl*Lvl)/4 + (Age*Age)/8 + random(100...200). Age is also a random number and varies from 45 to 64 for "top 8" lords of each faction and from 25 to 44 for other lords.
- They get extra renown for being marshal (15 at the end of their service), for holding feasts (20 at the end of the feast), and for winning tournaments (20).
- A vassal's maximum party size is determined by the following formula: Party Size = (10 + Leadership*10 + Charisma*2 + Renown/25 + 20[if marshal] + 20[for each castle owned])*(80 + Player Hero's Level)/80.
- Monarchs get an extra +100.
Outstanding stat will be shown in bold. For personality, this goes as follow, from best to worst: Upstanding, Good-natured, Martial, Cunning*, Pitiless, Sadistic, Bad-tempered.
- Note that since 3.9 cunning lords are no longer quite as troublesome as before or as in Native. They're still hard to buld relationship with but as long as they're given 3 fiefs and are not personal enemies with another lord to whom you wish to award a fief, they will not complain about it.
High trainer skill will make the lord recruit and level up his troops without having to battle faster.
His level will not affect his army (except higher level means higher starting renown), but higher level is often reflected into the lord having higher stats and proficiencies. Smaller level, on the other hand, increases the chance of a lord gaining (a) new level(s) during the game which results in your opportunity, as a king, to increase his skills and attributes.
|Name and original title||Original faction||Personality||Unique troops||Renown Range (approx.)||Leadership||Trainer|
|Duke Adarian||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Martial||Silvermist Rangers||950-1050||4||5|
|Duke Aldemar||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Martial||Iceguard Rangers||900-1100||3||5|
|Duke Alexis||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Badtempered||Knights of the Dragon||1150-1250||5||5|
|Count Carolus||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Pitiless||-||900-1100||4||5|
|Count Clovis||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Cunning||-||950-1100||3||4|
|Count Otto||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Sadistic||Ravenstern Rogue Noble Knights||950-1150||4||3|
|Count Stephan||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Goodnatured||Ravenstern Rangers||1000-1200||4||6|
|Count Ivanus||Kingdom of Ravenstern||Upstanding||-||1200-1400||5||6|
|Count Arnoldus||Kingdom of Ravenstern||-||Dragon Drakes||700-800||2||3|
|Agathon Legatus||Empire||Upstanding||Iron Circle Centurions||850-1050||3||6|
|Cleon Legatus||Empire||Cunning||Radiant Cross Plaguewardens||800-1000||3||4|
|Justus Dux||Empire||Martial||Empire Mortals||800-1000||4||4|
|Kyros Dux||Empire||Martial||Shadow Legion Centurions||900-1150||3||4|
|Livius Dux||Empire||Badtempered||Shadow Legion Marinus||850-1000||2||5|
|Sidonious Legatus||Empire||Pitiless||Guardian Empire Knights||800-1000||3||5|
|Titus Legatus||Empire||Sadistic||Knights of the Phoenix||850-1050||4||4|
|Caliph Bahman||D'Shar Principalities||Badtempered||D'Shar Ghazi Reavers||750-900||2||5|
|Haji Nabi Bey||D'Shar Principalities||Sadistic||-||850-1050||3||6|
|Caliph Hamid||D'Shar Principalities||Martial||D'Shar Ghazi Dervishes||1050-1250||5||5|
|Kaivan Khan||D'Shar Principalities||Upstanding||D'Shar Djaha Archers||850-1050||4||4|
|Mansour Bey||D'Shar Principalities||Pitiless||Eventide Ghilmen||1050-1250||5||7|
|Quingit Bey||D'Shar Principalities||Cunning||D'Shar Rogue Noble Knights||950-1100||3||5|
|Rafik Bey||D'Shar Principalities||Goodnatured||-||1050-1300||5||5|
|Caliph Tahir||D'Shar Principalities||Martial||Singalian Temptresses||950-1150||2||5|
|Faridar Khan||D'Shar Principalities||-||D'Shar Ghazi Dervishes||750-850||4||4|
|Kalandar Khan||D'Shar Principalities||-||D'Shar Dustriders||750-850||4||5|
|Earl Aedin Redsword||Fierdsvain||Martial||Queen Agnus Freebooters||1150-1350||3||5|
|Jarl Adalstienn Goldtooth||Fierdsvain||Pitiless||Fierdsvain Rogue Noble Knights||1150-1350||4||5|
|Earl Ari Forkbeard||Fierdsvain||Badtempered||Fierdsvain Berserkers||1100-1300||3||5|
|Jarl Bjorn Farstrider||Fierdsvain||Cunning||-||1150-1350||3||4|
|Jarl Einkr Onehand||Fierdsvain||Sadistic||-||1150-1350||4||4|
|Jarl Eydis Fairhair||Fierdsvain||Goodnatured||-||1150-1300||4||4|
|Jarl Gundur Doomseeker||Fierdsvain||Upstanding||-||1150-1350||4||3|
|Earl Sigimund Stonehand||Fierdsvain||Martial||Vanskerry Jarls||1200-1350||4||5|
|Jarl Talvor the Fey||Fierdsvain||-||Lady Valkyries||950-1050||3||3|
|Lord Hrothgar the Fat||Fierdsvain||-||Vanskerry Jarls||850-1000||2||2|
|Lord Inar Hairybreeks||Fierdsvain||-||Lady Einherjars||1050-1200||3||2|
|Baron Aelfried||Kingdom of Sarleon||Pitiless||Knights of the Lion||800-950||3||6|
|Duke Aelfwine||Kingdom of Sarleon||Martial||Marleons Heavy Cavalry||950-1100||3||6|
|Duke Alamar||Kingdom of Sarleon||Martial||Rangers of the Clarion Call||950-1050||3||6|
|Duke Brennus||Kingdom of Sarleon||Badtempered||Knights of the Lion||950-1100||3||6|
|Baron Cadeyrn||Kingdom of Sarleon||Cunning||Sarleon Rogue Noble Knights||950-1100||4||5|
|Baron Ealdred||Kingdom of Sarleon||Sadistic||Pendor Black Archers||800-900||4||5|
|Baron Godric||Kingdom of Sarleon||Goodnatured||Red Fletcher Longbowmen||950-1150||4||5|
|Baron Hereward||Kingdom of Sarleon||Upstanding||Larian Sentinel||900-950||3||6|
Note that all Fierdsvain vassals have a higher renown values, this is due their higher individual stats and thus, higher level, and level directly affects renown values (formula is above)
Ranking for vassals
This is a ranking based on which vassals are the best to have in your kingdom (from the notable lords, as the others' personality may vary), so the more decisive aspect is personality, then if it holds a household troop and which is it, and finally its renown value, trainer skill and leadership skill. Their personal fighting capabilities is not taken into consideration.
Suggested to have
- Earl Sigimund Stonehand
- Jarl Gundur Doomseeker
- Jarl Eydis Fairhair
- Rafik Bey
- Caliph Hamid
- Duke Adarian
- Kaivan Khan
- Kyros Dux