The Lady Valkyries are a group of all-female Fierdsvain warriors not much unlike a Knighthood Order and considered as one in the game. They are trained as cavalry to complement the impressive Fierdsvain infantry force, a force which sorely lacks mounted fighters.
As an all female order, they are often ridiculed by other orders and soldiers from other factions. Their opinion will change when their comrades get massacred by the Valkyries. Armed with a small but powerful golden metal shield, they can easily survive hails of missiles. The polar opposite, however, applies to their steeds. Their warhorses are not as strong as the ones of other Orders, like those of the Lion Knights. However, they are very effective in their role as mobile medium-armored skirmishers. Unfortunately, they lack the charging power of the Valdis Huscarl, and are not as heavily armored. On the other hand, they fulfill a role between shock troops and berserkers. They come equipped with the Dragonspine axe, Fierdsvain Leaf Sword or Fierdsvain Berserker Sword, complemented with a Golden Metal Round Shield. They also arm themselves with jarids and are rather proficient in throwing them. They are weaker than huscarls unless properly upgraded, but are much faster and provide the role of medium cavalry, shock troops and decently-armored berserkers. They can make great medium skirmishing cavalry.
Some scholars have tried to determine whether or not the Lady Valkyries have descended from the renegaded Order of the Falcon. Due to lack of evidence and misleading investigations, they could come to no such conclusion. Even if they did, others have argued that such a discovery would serve no purpose but to give another reason for the Kingdom of Ravenstern to further pursue their conflict with the Fierdsvain, seeing them as an imminent threat to King Gregory's sovereignty.
Note: Since 3.9.0, they won't have any chance of starting in Windholm.
They are The Fierdsvain's Factional Order, meaning to create a chapter of the Lady Valkyries, the player needs to belong to the Fierdsvain culture or create the chapter in Javiksholm, as well as 20,000 denars.
They start being neutral to the player (0 relation).
They are allies of Veccavia and The Fierdsvain, whilst they're in odds with the other 4 Factional Orders, the Order of the Griffon and the Order of the Scorpion Assassins, as well as with the Hateful factions.
- Rumors say some joined the Griffonsword Adventure Company, due how gentle his leader is to ladies and how much she praises and values them.
- Lord Olaf Oakenshield married a famous Lady Valkyrie. According to legend she was the only person who could beat him in his prime. Unfortunately, she died while giving birth to their daughter, Ogma. Not long after, he lost his son, as well. Rumors speak that death seems to follow that poor man...
- They are Fierdsvain's factional order, meaning any vassal recruiting Fierdsvain troops will recruit a few of these later on.
- Boadice will train a few Lady Valkyries if made vassal.
- Jarl Talvor the Fey has Lady Valkyries as his household troop.
- Lord Inar Hairybreeks has Lady Einherjars as his household troop.