Janos is one of three cities initially under Empire control. It serves as the seat of Marius Imperator, and thus acts as the capital of the Empire. It lies along the western edge of the Empire's zone of control, and is situated along the sea.
The Snake Cult has a strong presence in the region, and can be a hindrance to either the Empire's vassals or invading armies. In days of peace, these snake bands and armies will still chase lords, caravans and villagers, which harass heavily Janos and its villages. If the prosperity of the city wants to be raised, it is suggested to have positive relations with the snake cult or be sure there's no raiding party nearby.
Janos is the home to the Empire Immortals, a powerful knighthood order consisting of some of the most formidable heavy infantry available to Pendor. Marius created this order meaning they are on good terms with the Order of the Radiant Cross, but not as much with the Order of the Shadow Legion.
People of InterestEdit
- Master Thanos - Guildmaster. Found in the center square of the town. When following the main road leading inside the city, he will be on the left.
- Ernivard - Tavern Keeper. The tavern is located directly besides Canutia the Horse Merchant.
- Canutia - Horse Merchant. Located directly inside the city walls, to the right.
- Wallaby - Weapon Merchant. Located at the opposite end of the center square from Master Thanos.
- Eyenar - Armour Merchant. Located in the center of the town, across the stone road from Master Thanos.
- Flannigan - Goods Merchant. The Goods store is located right next to Wallaby.
Generally speaking, Janos' tournaments are light on horse and heavy on the crossbow. Ranged options consist of the crossbow or the bow, while melee weaponry include sword, shield, and lance. Throwing weapons are not present here.
The contestants here are relatively strong. The presence of the Immortals in Janos results in Immortals partaking in tournaments, while Marius Imperator, along with other Empire lords in the case of a feast, make frequent appearances.